Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Broken West - Live On KCRW


Here's a nice companion piece to the debut full-length CD from East L.A.'s Broken West, I Can't Go, I'll Go On. This was aired on Morning Becomes Eclectic on KCRW in Santa Monica on April 19, 2007, I've edited out the interview segments and have just posted the songs recorded live in-studio. This is a fantastic sounding recording and if you have never heard The Broken West, this is a great introduction. If you want to watch the entire video of the studio session, go here.
Enjoy!

Down In The Valley
So It Goes
On The Bubble
Shiftee
Slow
Hale Sunrise
Big City
Brass Ring

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Binky.

There is something to the sound in the opening half of Big City that takes me back to Squeeze though I am not certain which album (maybe Black Coffee In Bed). Big City has a slightly gruffer sound to it but I think it may be the rythym of the lyrics if that makes any sense. Sort of makes me think of british pop groups in the early part of the late sixties.

Nice toon.

Don

Locations of visitors to this page