Thursday, March 23, 2017

J Church- Pyramid Cabaret, Winnipeg, June 12, 1996



It will be 10 years ago this October 21th since J Church founder (guitarist/songwriter), Lance Hahn passed away. He left behind a legacy of great music, and according to Wikipedia, the group released an estimated 150 records which included an extensive discography of albums, singles and splits with other like-minded punk rock bands. He died October 21, 2007, at the way too early to die age of 40 following a collapse during dialysis after being in a coma since October 12th. I had previously wrote a blog posting in October of that year about Lance and J Church and my experience meeting Lance in person after shows in 1996 and 1997.

Since today is "Wequest Wednesday", I thought I would honour a request to repost a  J Church show from 1996 I shared on Dime 10 years ago. I only posted a small sample of songs from the show on the blog and the Dime link is long gone, but alas, I browsed through my hard drives and found the FLAC files I originally posted. The recording is from over 20 years ago and I originally recorded it on cassette, but it's transferred to digital and it's lossless. I'm listening to the recording as I write this and the sound is surprisingly good. Any muffled vocals and uneven sounds is clearly the Pyramid's fault and the chatter and idiot catcalls are all part of the charm and experience of standing in the middle of a packed  punk rock crowd. I will eventually post the J Church show I recorded in 1997 probably closer to the 20th anniversary of the show in the near future...stay tuned!
Enjoy!

J CHURCH
Pyramid Cabaret
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
June 12, 1996

Audience MASTER
Sony clip-on mic> Sony WM-GX35 > Maxell XLII> Fisher CR-W911A Cassette Deck> ADS Instant Music> USB> Nero Soundtrax> Wav> Direct Wave MP3 Splitter> FLAC> Maketorrent> rar

01.
02.
03.
04.
05.  Ivy League College
06.  My Favourite Place
07. 
08.  Why I Liked Bikini Kill
09.  No Surprise
10.  Racked
11.  Tide Of Fate
12.
13.  Hope
14.
15.  Yellow, Red And Green
16.  Panama
17. 
18.


It's been a long time since I first listened to this recording. If your more of a fan than me and can identify the song titles, please let me know so I can fill in the rest of the setlist.
Thanks!

J CHURCH- 1996-06-12 FLAC. rar 

1 comment:

Profesor Ignorante said...

Many thanks for this post, love J Church :)

Locations of visitors to this page