Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Buzzcocks- Live At The Palladium, NYC 1979



Happy New Year, or should I say belated since it's already a month and a half into 2019. Busy times, so sorry for the loss of a month, it's been f#*king freezing here for the past month, but my only excuse is I'm lazy and I've been watching too much hockey! I have much to post so stay tuned.

One news item I haven't addressed from last year was the untimely death of Pete Shelley, lead singer of the Buzzcocks, back in December 6th. Though the Buzzcocks only released three full length albums during their original heyday in the late 70's, their impact and influence is undeniable. Their punk energy and instantly catchy punk power pop songs were infectious and fun and a good place to start (for the unconverted) is their brilliant collection of "singles" on the Singles Going Steady compilation album. This was my first introduction to the Buzzcocks and I wore out a dubbed cassette copy of the album (that I still play today) because it's that good! Buy it, download it, stream it, whatever you got and listen to it...now!!

On Dime, after Shelley's death, there was a flood of live concert recordings from the Buzzcocks. I managed to download a few and one of the better shows, performance, setlist and sound quality-wise was a show at the Palladium in New York City from 1979. This was at the height of their powers and it's an excellent showcase to a North American audience. This is a good set and it sounds really great, high recommended!
R.I.P Pete Shelley (1955-2018).
Enjoy!

Please do NOT sell or transfer to lossy formats (except for personal use)
Please share!

BUZZCOCKS
The Palladium
New York City, NY
December 1, 1979
FM Broadcast

01    I Don't Mind   
02    Autonomy   
03    Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't')   
04    Mad, Mad Judy   
05    Sixteen    
06    Moving Away From Pulsebeat   
07    Noise Annoys   
08    Love You More
09    What Do I Get ? / Harmony In My Head   
10    Everybody's Happy Nowadays   
11    You Say You Don't Love Me   
12    I Don't Know What To Do With My Life   
13    I Believe   
14    Fast Cars   
15    Breakdown   
16    Boredom   

BUZZCOCKS- 1979-12-01 The Palladium, NYC, NY FLAC. rar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks

Unknown said...

I was at this show. Thanks for posting.

Locations of visitors to this page