Thursday, April 25, 2024

The Jam- Live At Rockpalast 1980


 
This week, our old house is under-going a thorough updating of our ancient knob & tube to modern electrical systems. This means, at least for a couple of days, that most of the electricity is unavailable and it prevents me from functioning like a typical 21st century drone. The loud drilling, banging and lack of lighting (and internet!) has driven me from the house to my local library, laptop in hand to get some "work" done. Libraries are one of the few places you go to use internet, use their electricity (to charge stuff), use their ultra-clean unisex toilet facilities and hang out for hours without buying anything. They even allow you bring in your own food and drink, so I can chill with headphones on while checking emails, searching the web and updating my website and this blog...way better deal than Starsucks! A bonus is that I can actually make multiple blog posts in one week. I probably would if I got paid, but it's something you gotta do, right? Yay!
 
This has given me an opportunity to listen to a backlog of music on my computer. The Jam is one of those ear-candy bands I like to listen to while writing, so here's a show that's been around for a while and probably popular enough to have been heard already, but it's so good not to share if you haven't. There are at least a couple live DVD's of the Live at Rockpalast concert from 1980, including a Japanese version from 2006 and a compilation video from 2015, About The Young Idea, which featured the full Rockpalast show. One of the versions of About The Young Idea, includes an audio version CD and this is the source for the show I'm posting below. The sound quality is near perfect and since most live concert videos bore me, the audio only is an excellent addition. This is the Jam at their peak, with an amazing setlist, before Paul Weller became too self-aware, went solo and began to write boring songs. Get it while you can!
Enjoy!
 
Please do NOT sell or profit from this recording!
Do NOT convert to lossy formats, except for personal use.
Please share!

 
 
THE JAM
Live At Rockpalast
Westfalenhalle, Dortmund, Germany
November 30, 1980


1 Dream Time
2 Thick As Thieves
3 Boy About Town
4 Going Underground
5 Pretty Green
6 Man In The Corner Shop
7 Set The House Ablaze
8 Private Hell
9 Liza Radley
10 Dreams Of Children
11 Modern World
12 Little Boy Soldiers
13 But I’m Different Now
14 Start
15 Scrape Away
16 Strange Town
17 When You’re Young
18 In The City
19 To Be Someone
20 David Watts
21 The Eton Rifles
22 Down In The Tubestation At Midnight
 
 
If you are having trouble with the above link, Try this one from my DropBox:
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Link does't work. Could you please re-up?

Anonymous said...

THANX A BUNCH!

toddfan said...

Sorry but I couldn't ask in the original post but would it be possible to re-up the Fountains Of Wayne (Pinnwheel) ? Would really appreciate it!

Locations of visitors to this page