I noticed on Facebook there is a Scruffy The Cat fan page that allows fans to post on it's wall, comment, share photos and link to items of interest. Someone posted a link to this blog, which of course is cool (more proof someone is reading this site!) and mentions there are downloads for some Scruffy the Cat related recordings. The poster also wonders about the legality of it.
Now might be a good time to clarify my position and stand on posting recordings on this blog. I should state that this site does not host the downloads, but links to external servers. Any links posted on this blog are for educational, promotional, review and research purposes only. I try to post music that is out of print or hard to find and if I infringe on any of the copyright holders of the music or if you are the artist or artist's representative that wants me to disable the links, please let me know and I will immediately remove any files that offend. I'm not out to make any money on this site and I only have time to write this blog in my spare time. I write this blog because I'm a lover of music and a fan of every one of the bands that are featured on TDIT. I want to share this joy with anyone that will listen and read this blog...I hope this all makes sense and clears up some confusion. I will post a disclaimer on the right panel very shortly.
As a tribute and to acknowledge the Scruffy the Cat fans, here's a disc I acquired in a trade years ago, a compilation of live tracks, I believe it was my first disc of live Scruffy. When looking at the list of tracks and their sources I realize I have many of the shows these tracks are from. I couple months back I posted the Ritz show from 1989 and I also have the WERS and the T.T. the Bears shows from trades. This is a nice sounding comp, (but be forewarned the sound quality and volume varies) and gives you only a small sampling of how great Scruffy the Cat was live.
Question: Should TDIT have a Facebook page or Twitter page? Could be another source for me to post quickie posts and links...?
01. Rave On (The Ritz, NYC 2/4/89)
02. Buck Naked/Upside Down (The Ritz, NYC 2/4/89)
03. Upside Down (Austin, TX early '88)
04. Beg, Borrow And Steal (Studio 9/85)
05. Ticket To Ride (Studio 9/85)
06. Time Never Forgets (T.T. The Bears, Cambridge, 8/8/87)
07. You Are My Sunshine (T.T. The Bears, Cambridge, 8/8/87)
08. Little Nasty Habit (WERS 4/6/89)
09. New Song (?) (WERS 4/6/89)
10. Where'd Ya Go? (WERS 4/6/89)
11. I Don't Believe In (WERS 4/6/89)
12. Everything (Studio early '84)
13. Shakin' All Over (Johnny's D's, Allston 7/5/84)
14. Come On Down To My Boat (Johnny's D's, Allston 7/5/84)
15. Scruffy Lullaby/6 Days (JJ Flash, Boston, 2/1/85)
16. Big Fat Monkey's Hat/Momma Killed Hate (Metrowave, WERS, 7/27/86)
17. Shadow Boy (Metrowave, WERS, 7/27/86)
18. The Ghost Song (Metrowave, WERS, 7/27/86)
19. Lover's Day (Metrowave, WERS, 7/27/86)