Saturday, June 03, 2017

Juliana Hatfield- Demos And Unreleased


I had a request. Do I have any of the demos and unreleased songs that Juliana Hatfield posted on her website in the late 2000's? In fact I do have...46 songs (mp3), Juliana gave away on her site for free (or pay what you want donation). There were probably more before and after I downloaded these groups of songs as she would periodically post and share with her fans. As far as I know, they aren't available anymore on her site, but I have seen some on other music blogs.

During the early days of this blog ( 10 years ago!) there was still some skepticism and blurred grey areas for free "illegal" and "legal" downloading. I lived through the early pioneering days of Napster, Kazaa and Limewire and speaking as a life-time music fan, downloading changed my life. Right now, I'm reading a book by Greg Kot, Ripped. How The Wired Generation Revolutionized Music and a couple of the chapters discuss this very subject. Virtually any music that has been released is available somewhere online through torrents, peer to peer sharing or downloads on a blog or music site. So it is especially nice when artist's share (or leak?) music that hasn't been officially released along with
demos and alternative versions. I'm always curious to hear the early raw versions of songs before they finalize the song with overdubs and slick production. It's a forward thinking approach by the artist to share this process to hear songs we might not otherwise hear.

I posted a sampling of these songs in a post in 2007 (not available anymore) and I mentioned Juliana's demos on the second ever post on this blog. Taking a fresh listen to these songs now is interesting because many of these songs have appeared on later releases including the excellent, Whatever, My Love by the reunited, The Juliana Hatfield Three. Some are solo, some are full band, but all the songs stand well on their own. If you haven't heard any of these songs yet, it's well worth the listen. The files I'm posting aren't in chronological order, but in alphabetical order (that's the way they came) so I don't have much information or time period on most of the tracks. If anyone has the knowledge (and the time) to post more information or if you have any more of the demos and unreleased songs Juliana posted on her website that aren't here, please leave a comment. Thanks!
Enjoy!

JULIANA HATFIELD
Demos and Unreleased


5th Of July
Accidents
Always In The Mood
Bad Dream
Beautiful Creature
Because We Love You
Break My Heart
Bring U Down Again
Can't Kill Myself
Can't Worry
Cold In Here
Dune
Fireflies
Fool Money
Going Nowhere
Good Thing Going
Hallucinations
I Don't Belong Anywhere
If I Could
I'm Here (drums)
I'm Here (no drums)
I'm Shy
Invisible
I Wish
Just Like That
Live Is Heaven
Not End Of World
Not Enough
Now That I Found You
Number One
Ordinary Guy
Perfect Stranger
Run
Saving Myself
She's Out
Something
Stupid Thing
Sybil
The First Shiver
The Only One
There's Always Another Girl
This Is What I Think Of You
Trick Baby
Where I'm Going
X's And O's
You Don't Know Who You Are

All songs in mp3 format. If anyone had uncompressed versions, please leave a comment.
If there are any objections to the sharing of these songs, please let me know and I will take down asap.

JULIANA HATFIELD- Demos and Unreleased. rar

8 comments:

WhatTS said...

Thanks. I'm in a similar position, but good to be able to catch up on any i missed -- but one I know I did was the one posted last December, "Christmas Cactus"... Have that?

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for these! - Stinky

Unknown said...

Thanks! There were 14 tracks I didn't have, and a further 17 tracks that were upgrades to ones I found on youtube. Here's 20 songs you don't have, plus 2 others that were posted later in a slightly higher quality.
(To WhatTS: Christmas Cactus is there.)
I've included a txt file with a list of all the tracks I know of that were posted and the date they were posted. Thanks to your and my uploads that only leaves 12 songs to find.

Tracks:

Anymore
Baby It's Alright
Better Than Nothing
Between The Clouds
Broken Record
Christmas Cactus
For The Lonely Ones
Made It
Never Coming Out
Wanna Be The One You Want

(There's Always Another Girl (Demos, 2009-2011))
01 Jam
02 Someone Else's Problem
03 Change The World
04 Wasting Time
05 Vagabond
06 Taxicab
07 Batteries
08 Don't Wanna Dance
09 There's Always Another Girl
10 Bringing You Down Again/Stray Kids
11 Sex + Drugs
12 On And On And On/Batteries

https://mega.nz/#!EZBDHKCL!8B8mqwDg0vty1ablc1xUrOjOUZGGR49mGlU8kKp-h7c

binky said...

Thanks so much Dan X for the information and for the link for the songs I don't have. I'll keep an eye out for the rest of the tracks!

WhatTS said...

thanks both of you...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brad H said...

Though I think I have all of these from the original posting by JH, thank you both for putting this out there for those who may have missed mining this. Looking forward to her new, an very unexpected, release in April :)

Fernando Christian Rodriguez Besel said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FROM BUENOS AIRES!!!

Locations of visitors to this page