Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Long Ryders- Three Minute Warnings


Speaking of great sounding concert recordings, here's a Long Ryders show at the Bottom Line in New York City on May 7th, 1987. Recently I've been highlighting key bands from the Paisley Underground genre from the mid-1980's such as Green On Red, Dream Syndicate and the Long Ryders who were some of the bands I was into at the time. Much like the Dream Syndicate concert, the Long Ryders are at their creative peak on this album and this live recording showcases the band at their rocking best. Though the band was touring their latest (and final) album at the time, Two-Fisted Tales, the setlist reflects the band's entire career.

I can't remember where I got this CD, I might have downloaded it from a trial eMusic account I had briefly, but I believe it is available only as an import. The sound is amazing, as it was professionally recorded for a live radio broadcast and if you're a fan of the band, it's almost like being there...in 1987.
Enjoy!!

THE LONG RYDERS
Three Minute Warnings: Live In New York (2003)

  1. Prairie Fire
  2. Lights Of Downtown
  3. Man Of Misery
  4. A Stitch In Time
  5. State Of My Union
  6. Harriet Tubman’s Going To Carry Me Home
  7. Capturing The Flag
  8. Long Story Short
  9. Baby’s In Toyland
  10. I Want You Bad
  11. Spectacular Fall
  12. I Had A Dream
  13. You Just Can’t Ride The Boxcars Anymore
  14. Gunslinger Man
  15. Looking For Lewis & Clark
  16. Prisoners Of Rock
  17. 10-5-60
THE LONG RYDERS- Three Minute Warnings: Live In NYC. rar

3 comments:

mwothe said...

awesome, thanks a million

Daniel said...

awesome, thanks a million

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot!
Enrique

Locations of visitors to this page