Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Song Of the Day- "Sure Enough"


Speaking of strong debut albums, Montreal's Angela Desveaux produced a wonderful album, Wandering Eyes (2006) that showcased her marvellous country-tinged voice that came out of nowhere. It was so good I wanted to tell everyone to give her a listen, as evidenced by my past posts (Nov. 6, 2006 and Nov. 23, 2006) about Angela.

Her new album (just released on September 9), Angela Desveaux And The Mighty Ship suppose to rock more, but similar to her debut as she explores different genres and sounds, country-blues, traditional folk, but for the most part she flaunts with an indie-rock sound that I'm looking forward to hearing. I haven't had a chance to hear the whole album yet, but from what I've heard this will be the next album on my pod (or I'll buy when I go record-store hopping in Vancouver in a couple of days). I'll give my full review of the album next week.

The first song I heard is Sure Enough, it's a great upbeat rocker and it sure has enough bounce and jangly guitars to make me recall early Broken West.

ANGELA DESVEAUX- Sure Enough

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Binky. I listened to "Sure Enough" and liked what I hear.

"Even though I know I don't Know where I'm going..." There is a sound and slight quirkiness in the chorus that reminds me of Jane Siberry's earlier work, though the music is less eclectic.. That may be part of the attraction.

I look forward to a deeper review of this cd.

Locations of visitors to this page