Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Juliana Hatfield- Sam The Record Man 1993


I had more requests for early Juliana Hatfield and since I've been enjoying her new "covers" album so much, I'll try to post another band show and maybe some Blake Babies as well. Juliana is on tour with the Lemonheads (opening for the Psychedelic Furs) upcoming in October and then Juliana and Evan Dando will be touring Australia in December. Hopefully some fans will be bringing their tape recorders to capture these shows. If I hear of anything, I'll share the shows here or post the links.

I meant to post this show as a tribute to Record Store Day back in April (opting instead for Paul Westerberg) and it's a good "up close" performance inside the legendary Sam The Record Man store in downtown Toronto (close to Dundas Square) which has sadly been closed since 2007. A good sounding audience recording that captures Juliana solo acoustic, circa, the Become What You Are record. A loose and relaxed Juliana plays this in-store and later that evening at Lee's Palace. I'll try to track down that show too.
Enjoy!

Juliana Hatfield
Sam the Record Man,
Toronto,
Sept. 27, 1993
Audience recording

01. Intro
02. I Got No Idols
03. Spin the Bottle
04. Here Comes the Pain
05. Big Gay Heart
06. Ugly
07. Nirvana
08. Shovel
09. My Sister

JULIANA HATFIELD- Sam's, Toronto, September 27, 1993 FLAC. rar

2 comments:

JimmyJamm_ said...

Wow man! I came across your blog looking for Weeping Tile; scrolled through; saw Blake Babies & thought 'damn, I wish there were digital cameras back in the day' because at 15, I went downtown T.O. to see Juliana. I got really excited when I came across this post because I thought this was video. I was right in front of her! Damnit!

Thanks for the memories though! I was late going back to work in Scarborough that evening with Scarb. Parks & Recreation

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for this post. I never saw this in store show before, I've had the Lee show for years but didn't know this was out there.

Locations of visitors to this page