Friday, June 25, 2010

The Heartbreakers- Yonkers Demos


I'm going to take a short break from posting live concerts to clear up some other things I have sitting on my hard drive. I've got more demos, cassette releases, indie releases and even more live stuff. I usually upload my postings to my online storage in bunches and sometimes I either forget about posting the files or I get some kind of theme in mind when I thinking of things to post and get sidetracked. Upcoming next week, it's Canada Day here in Canada (of course), so I'll find something appropriately canuck to post and the following week the Winnipeg Folk Festival takes place in my region. I'm not sure if I'm going or not, but I need a better reason than Gord Downie, Sarah Harmer, John Hiatt, Emmylou Harris or Jimmy Cliff to attend. I realize these are all quality artists and nothing is wrong with any of them, but personally I think the talent is a little thin and I need a better reason to spend over $200 for the weekend or $75 a day on this festival.

After Johnny Thunders and Jerry Nolan quit the New York Dolls they formed the Heartbreakers with Richard Hell, joined later by Walter Lure. During this period, this line-up played shows around New York and recorded some demos known as the Yonkers Demos. I don't know much about the recording other than it was recorded probably late 75/early 76 with the original Heartbreakers band. Many of these songs were re-recorded for the L.A.M.F. album and staples in the Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers live repertoire and a couple of songs Hell re-recorded with his next band, The Voidoids. An early and must-have recording if you're a fan of the band or not!

THE HEARTBREAKERS
Yonkers Demos

01. Love Comes In Spurts
02. I Wanna Be Loved
03. Blank Generation
04. Chinese Rocks
05. Pirate Love
06. Can't Keep My Eyes On You
07. Flight
08. Hurt Me
09. You Got To Lose
10. Goin Steady
11. Love Comes In Spurts (false start)
12. I Wanna Be Loved
13. Blank Generation
14. Love Comes In Spurts

Richard Hell Bass,Vocals

Johnny Thunders Guitar,Vocals

Jerry Nolan Drums

Walter Lure Guitar,Vocals


THE HEARTBREAKERS- Yonkers Demos. rar

2 comments:

Oxy said...

Just snagged this. Thanks for the post. I have a fondness for all things demo. Great blog, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these.

Locations of visitors to this page