Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Jeff Tweedy- 2011 Winnipeg Folk Festival



It's been over a week since my last post, so sorry! I spent all week at a pavilion for an annual multicultural festival in my city called, Folklorama, as entertainment co-coordinator/stage manager. Most of the days I went straight from work (from my "real" job) to spent another 5 hours on my feet volunteering, so by the time I got home I was unwinding and trying to relax or catch up on my sleep. Anyways, I'm back and ready to keep this blog updated and hopefully interesting!

I noticed that last week marked the 5th anniversary of the Teenage Dogs In Trouble blog and I'm surprised and thrilled it's still active and online. Yesterday, I surpassed the 50,000 visits milestone with half that amount in the past year. This seems like a modest amount of visits for the average music blog, but for me it's quite a accomplishment considering during my first few years I was lucky to have a visit or two per day. Now there are approximately 100 visits a day, which I hope to increase, so it's my mission to keep posting new material to keep you all coming back. I invite requests and I'll try my best to find things that interest me (and you), but I sometimes need help or suggestions. Thanks for visiting and please add yourself as a follower if you have done so already.

Closing out the 2011 Winnipeg Folk Festival was Wilco frontman, Jeff Tweedy. He delivered a solo acoustic set that featured some Wilco and Uncle Tupelo material along some new songs from the upcoming Wilco record, The Whole Love. He seemed all business for the first half hour of the show without really acknowledging the large outdoor crowd and he kept the banter to a minimum for most of the show. I think he was disappointed people didn't sing along during Heavy Metal Drummer, "Thanks for singing along for that part, I guess Yankee Hotel Foxtrot didn't sell a whole lot up in Winnipeg". Still it was a great to see Jeff Tweedy solo, much different than with the band. I considering going to Fargo to see his show the night before, as I prefer shows in theatres instead of outside in a field, but the WFF was fun and it exposed his talent many friends of mine in the crowd that weren't too familiar with Jeff's work or Wilco.

My recording turned out okay. There was a fair amount of chatter at a tarp beside me, but like the Blue Rodeo set, the sound was loud and clear, so it's very listenable and besides until a better version emerges (I doubt), this is a nice souvenir of a rare show. I posted the show last week on Dimeadozen, so if you are a member and want the FLAC version, go here.
Enjoy!!

JEFF TWEEDY
Winnipeg Folk Festival

Mainstage

Birds Hill Park

July 10, 2011
Link
Audience MASTER

01. Introduction
02. Someone Elses Song
03. Remember The Mountain Bed
04. Via Chicago
05. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart
06. One Wing
07. New Madrid
08. I Might
09. Hummingbird
10. So Much Wine
11. Born Alone
12. Jesus, Etc
13. Bull Black Nova
14. I'm Always In Love
15. Not For the Season
16. Airline To Heaven
17. Walken
18. I'm The Man Who Loves You
19. Heavy Metal Drummer
20. Shot In The Arm
21. Acuff-Rose

JEFF TWEEDY- 2011-07-10. rar

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page