Friday, January 11, 2008

The Weakerthans - Civil Twilight

Right now I'm hard at work compiling my special "Surprises and Disappointments for 2007 post" to reminisce about the past year's music releases. Stay tuned next week!

For now (as a time waster), in case you haven't seen it yet, here's the Weakerthan's video for "Civil Twilight" for your viewing pleasure. This video was shot at the Winnipeg Transit bus depot garage located on Osborne St. in late Summer. My friend Dean, an ex-pat from Winnipeg (now residing state-side) happened to be in town the week of the filming and he knew a mutual friend of the band's so helped out on the set. He said he moved the backgrounds (No, the bus wasn't actually moving) up and down and back and forth....cool! The video itself is amusing, it's shot as a continuous panning shot complete with a cheesy 2-dimensional stage set look to it. The song though is first-rate. Anyways, I saw this video for the first time yesterday, so I thought I'd share it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Binky, I like both the video and the song. They work well together like cheap black rum with coke (classic only) while playing crib at my buddies place off Troy during the 70's while other folks were at the discos. Later, after we had a few, we would go buy some burgers and fries somewhere and eat them, while resting our drinks on open glove compatment. Maybe back to his place or the Lincoln for a few brew and then home to sleep.

Anonymous said...

I broke down and bought a copy today... along with some Tom Waits (Heartattack and Vine, Blue Valentine) and Stars (In our bedroom after the war).

Locations of visitors to this page