Monday, January 26, 2009

Neko On "Q"


While I was at the dentist this morning getting my annual fillings on my teeth, I received a phone message from Brian my co-worker to let me know Neko Case was on CBC radio 1's arts and entertainment program "Q". I missed the entire interview, but later downloaded today's episode mp3 from Q's podcast page. Neko talked about her much anticipated upcoming album, Middle Cyclone which is a followup to her critically acclaimed CD, Fox Confessor Brings The Flood, which I have talked about at great length on past blog posts.

I'm posting an mp3 of just the interview and the song she played live in the studio, so you don't have to listen to the whole program. Since I didn't hear the program live, when I listened to the show mp3 they omitted what I assume were tracks from the new album. In the interview, host Jian Ghomeshi introduces a couple of songs, but the interview continues on without the songs, is this because the album has yet to be released and the CBC doesn't want to infringe copyrights? (Check out her myspace page for a preview) Can someone confirm whether she played more than one song live in studio?
Thanks, enjoy!

NEKO CASE CBC Radio One on "Q" January 26, 2009
1. Interview
2. People Got A Lot Of Nerve (performed live-in-studio)

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page