Tuesday, August 11, 2026

We Are Now 20!! Weakerthans- CBC Session, Vancouver, BC 1999


 
This month 20 years ago, the Teenage Dogs In Trouble music blog was launched with it's first ever post, Up and Running. After all these years, the blog is still around and active, with so many similar blogs and music pages long gone, so I feel fortunate to survive the past 20 YEARS!! The format hasn't changed too much, though I've pivoted from promoting (or making you aware of) music you should hear to mainly posting live concert recordings I recorded or other dedicated tapers, who swapped with me or posted the music online. It's been fun and engaging, though it's a pain in the ass getting takedown notices or copyright shit that forces me to remove recordings. One of those shows is a Weakerthans show in Winnipeg from 1998, that I removed several years ago, so I'm taking the risk by posting a Weakerthans radio session from 1999. (FYI: if you are interested in the above mentioned show from 1998, send me a PM or email)
 
I'm still undertaking an ongoing personal project of digitizing my live cassette masters. Of course, this takes time and I don't seem to have a lot of that, but to celebrate the 20th anniversary, I promise to continue to post those shows on the blog. One of the tapes I did recently transfer, was this live CBC Session with the Weakerthans I recorded straight from the radio onto cassette. This recording is probably out there somewhere already, but listening to it recently, it got me reminiscing what a great band they were and how proud they are from Winnipeg. The show is hosted by Grant Lawrence (oh, I love the Smugglers!) and features a short in-studio performance, including not-yet released songs from, Left And Leaving and interview segment. Definitely worth revisiting! (Get it while you can!)
Enjoy!
 
P.S. I had a request from a reader about a John K. Samson recording that John and his wife, Christine Fellows recorded in 2006 called, The Old House (This Old House?). It's rare and was a private Christmas gift to friends and family and one of the songs, Taps Reversed (different version) appears on Provincial. A couple of songs received airplay on CBC radio (see below), but I have yet found the complete recording. A reddit thread led to a download of the two songs, definitely worth a listen! If anyone has more information or better yet have a version of, The Old House, please let me know!
 
Taps Reversed
Good Salvage
 
 
Please do NOT sell or profit from this recording!
Do NOT convert to lossy formats, except for personal use
Please share! 
 
 
THE WEAKERTHANS
CBC Session- "Studio 2"
Vancouver, BC
June, 1999
FM Master


FM> Maxell XLII-90 Cassette> Technics M33 tape deck> 
Tascam DR-07> 8 GB SD card> WAV> Direct WAV splitter> FLAC> rar

01. Intro/ None Of The Above
02. <interview> (w/Grant Lawrence)
03. History Of The Undefeated
04. <interview #2)
05. Left And Leaving
06. <interview>
07. My Favourite Chords
08. Outro
 
 

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page