Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Kathleen Edwards- Live In Philly 2008

Photo by Frailamerica Just returned from Ottawa and I must apologize for not posting anything while I was there. I was too busy checking out all the typical Ottawa tourist sites such as, the National Gallery, Canadian Museum Of Civilization, Parliament Hill, Scotiabank Place (to see a Senators hockey game) and the local record stores (Vertigo Records and Compact Music). When I go to another city I always try to seize the opportunity to see a band, but unfortunately I didn't see anything of interest in town, unless you count the Crash Test Dummies and of course, I won't! When I think of Ottawa all I can think of is Furnaceface and Kathleen Edwards. I have a whole bunch of Kathleen Edwards shows, but I came upon this good one the other day that is short, but sweet. It's from her 2008 tour, about a month before I saw her at the Winnipeg Folk Festival and it was broadcast on WXPN and posted at the NPR website. It sounds great and features just Kathleen and band member Jim Bryson (another Ottawa native). The reason the set is so short is because it was part of Philadelphia's NON-COMMvention, a showcase for non-commercial radio programmers and music industry professionals and also because Kathleen was opening for both Alejandro Escovedo and Jakob Dylan. Enjoy!! KATHLEEN EDWARDS Electric Factory Philadelphia, PA May 31, 2008 1. Back To Me 2. In State 3. Asking For Flowers 4. I Make The Dough, You Get The Glory 5. Oil Man's War 6. Six O'Clock News 7. I Can't Give You Up 8. The Cheapest Key KATHLEEN EDWARDS- NPR May 2008. rar

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page