Saturday, April 23, 2022

Muffs- Live At Rhino Pop Up Store, Los Angeles 2011

It's been about two and half years since Kim Shattuck of the Muffs passed away after a battle with ALS and I was thinking of her last week while listening to some Muffs. I always thought their first two albums were their best, but in reality all their releases are worth a listen and for the completest, their comp, Hamburger is an excellent overview of the first phase of their career (up until 2000 or so). I miss her patented scream and energetic stage presence, as they were a great live band and I regret never seeing the Muffs live, but at least through YouTube and live recordings you can still experience hearing and watching them perform. 

To continue the theme of record store shows, the Muffs played at a Rhino Pop Up Store in L.A. a bit over ten years ago and it's a good example how good a band can sound at an in-store performance. I just remembered I had this show and had to do some digging to find it and it was one of those burned discs I only wrote minimal information for. At least, I have the date and the venue info, but unfortunately I don't have the setlist of songs. I know some of the songs, but I don't have the energy to complete the list. If anyone can help out and identify the song titles, that would be greatly appreciated! (edit: we now have a setlist!) The sound quality is crisp, clear and sounds amazing. Celebrate Record Store Day with the late, great Muffs!
Enjoy!
 
Please do NOT sell or profit from this recording!
Do NOT convert to lossy formats, except for personal use.
Please share! 

MUFFS
Rhino Pop Up Store
Los Angeles, CA
May 30, 2011

01. Paint By Numbers (sound check) 
02. introduction 
03. Happening / On and On 
04. A Little Luxury 
05. Lucky Guy 
06. Something Inside 
07. Honeymoon 
08. Where Did I Go Wrong 
09. Outer Space 
10. Weird Boy Next Door 
11. From Your Girl 
12. Every Single Thing 
13. Sad Tomorrow 
14. Red Eyed Troll 
15. Red Eyed Troll reprise

Thank you, JohnnyHank for the setlist!


2 comments:

Koni said...

Thanks for this !

JohnnyHank said...

I think this is right:

01. Paint By Numbers (sound check)
02. introduction
03. Happening / On and On
04. A Little Luxury
05. Lucky Guy
06. Something Inside
07. Honeymoon
08. Where Did I Go Wrong
09. Outer Space
10. Weird Boy Next Door
11. From Your Girl
12. Every Single Thing
13. Sad Tomorrow
14. Red Eyed Troll
15. Red Eyed Troll reprise

Locations of visitors to this page