Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Golden Smog- Rock For Karl Benefit, Minneapolis- October 21, 2004

 
I don't believe this is backstage at the Quest Club.

 A set from Golden Smog featured an appearance by Paul Westerberg on the set opener, the Stones, Dead Flowers, as well as Dream Syndicate/Baseball Project's, Steve Wynn on the Eddie and the Hot Rods hit, Do Anything You Wanna Do. The band mixed covers and a handful of Smog songs to their set that featured a lineup of Soul Asylum's, Dan Murphy, Kraig Johnson, Marc Perlman, Ed Ackerson, Jim Boquist and Linda Pitman on drums. Noticeably absent (correct me if I'm wrong), was Gary Louris, I wasn't there, but the absence of "Gary songs" made me suspicious. Overall, a solid set with many shout-outs to Karl and the guest appearances were cool.
Enjoy!

Please do NOT sell or profit from this recording!
Do NOT convert to lossy fromats, except for personal use.
Please share!


GOLDEN SMOG
Quest Club
Minneapolis, MN
October 21, 2004
Rock for Karl Benefit


audience recording

01. Dead Flowers
02. Sunny Afternoon
03. If I Only Had A Car
04. The Losing End
05. To Call My Own
06. Making Waves
07. Signed D.C.
08. Ill Fated
09. Do Anything You Wanna Do
10. Knockin 'Em Down In The City

track 1: w/Paul Westerberg
track 9: w/Steve Wynn
 

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page