Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Still Here!

Just noticed my last post was my 400th, yay!! Hopefully this site will be around for another 400, but in the past the week with news about Megaupload falling and many blogs taking a hit because they lost some or all their links from Megaupload (and other storage sites), scares me. I recently registered with Megaupload, since I have decided to post some FLAC files (larger files) for live recordings because I wanted more space in case my present storage became filled, but I had yet uploaded to Megaupload. I've spent the last few nights browsing around other music blogs and have read stories of closed blogs, locked out access and the challenge and struggle to find affordable, reliable storage sites to post music from. It should be noted these blogs share music, not sell and provide an invaluable service to guys like me that are always looking for new, otherwise unheard music who listen and write about it. Many of these music blogs have been around for years and the amount of work and time these guys have dedicated into their site is amazing and I feel for them. I spend a huge chunk of my online time downloading and listening to music, so it would be a huge setback for music lovers if this witch-hunt by the entertainment industry and the US government continues to threaten and unfoundedly close sites and shut down anything they feel is a threat. The SOPA/PIPA legislation would have had a huge impact on bloggers like myself, especially since I'm based outside of the U.S.

This site will continue on, business as usually (hopefully) because writing about and sharing music is the reason operating this blog is fun and a constant joy in my life. I'm not too worried about being shutdown, I will continue to post live recordings and albums and other recordings that are out of print or hard to find, but I will be careful not to post any copyrighted material from any of the major labels. If I post anything you think is an infringement (or any artists that object), please let me know and I'll immediately remove the offending material. Sometimes it's hard to tell.
Thoughts or opinions?

1 comment:

johnnybgoode said...

I really enjoy your site. Thank you for your posts!

Locations of visitors to this page